Building your audience
To build your online "tribe" of patients (to use the correct lingo!), you'll want to build up the following resources:
- A professional and intuitive website
- An active and sustainable email list
- Active and sustainable social media accounts
We offer a lot of advice on our blog about what content is appropriate for each resource; here are the tools you'll need to establish these resources.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, Lively Feet will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please understand that Lively Feet has experience with all of these companies, and we recommend them because they are helpful and useful.
Your website is a dynamic marketing tool to make information about your practice easily available to your patients (and potential patients!). It is perhaps the most important element in your online presence.
Squarespace content management system is our website host of choice. It's an all-in-one mobile-responsive website builder, blogging platform and hosting service. The finished product looks professional and stunning.
You can use Squarespace to build your own website, or if you don't have the time, Lively Feet can build it for you.
Website Legal Packages
Aside from your website, your website legal package is perhaps the most signifiant investment you'll make for your business online.
As a health care practitioner you need to ensure that the appropriate medical disclaimers are in place on your website.
Email List Management Tools
Email lists are great tools for letting your patients know about exciting new developments in your practice.
Social media tools
Lively Feet Resources
Scheduling Facebook, Twitter and Other Social Media Posts
Scheduling posts in advance is a great way to keep you social media account active throughout the day, while you are busy seeing patients and running your practice.
Other Social Tools
- Tagboard is an effective resource that uses hashtags to search for and collect public social media within seconds of being posted to networks like Twitter and Facebook.
- Tweriod is a free Twitter tool that helps you to make the most of Twitter by letting you know the best time to tweet.
- Twubs is a great site to follow hashtags and conversations that interest you.
- BuzzSumo is a helpful search tool that tracks and ranks content on all social networking sites.
You don't have to be a graphic designer to create amazing visuals for your social media services. Here are our favourite design tools (and most of them are free!)
- Canva makes design simple for everyone. It's our "go to" tool of choice for creating social media graphics.
- PicMonkey edits your photos with ease. Add filters, frames, text and effects.
- RELAY is a fast and easy way to make engaging social graphics.
- DesignFeed (currently in beta-testing mode) creates gorgeously-rendered content, sized to fit all relevant platforms.